2020: US-Pakistan Knowledge Corridor Project
Under the project PhD oppurtunities are available for pakistani students to pursue PhD studies in ranked universities of USA
- pakistani students.
To be taken at (country):
- USA, Pakistan
- USA Universities
Pakistani citizens/nationals with strong academic histories, committed to returning and serving Pakistan are welcome to apply.
US-Pakistan Knowledge Corridor Project Fall 2020 is available to undertake PhD level programs at USA Universities.
Applicants are especially encouraged in the following fields, Arts and Humanities, Design & Media, Social Sciences, Engineering, Basic Sciences, Medical & Allied Health Sciences, Agriculture, Veterinary Sciences, Computer Science, Emerging Technologies, Water Resources, and Energy.
pakistani students are eligible only.
The grant will be offered for maximum period of 4/5 years.
- The scholarship covers living expenses and return airfare; however, it does not cover Tuition Fee. Candidates need to secure admission with complete Tuition Fee waiver, from a university among the selected 235 US Universities or from a university falling under any of the 23 university systems – mentioned on 'US-Pakistan Knowledge Corridor' segment of HEC website.
- Higher Education Commission (HEC) has negotiated tuition fee waivers for Pakistani students, with different ranked US Universities. HEC shall refer potential candidates – who meet the basic eligibility criteria for award of HEC scholarship – to partnering US Universities, for consideration of admission and tuition fee waiver. Candidates selected by the host US University after satisfying respective admission criteria shall be offered HEC scholarship under 'US-Pakistan Knowledge Corridor' project.
To be eligible, you must:
- Pakistani/AJK nationals
- Candidates having an MS/M.Phil. Degree (18 years of education) from HEC recognized universities
- Candidates with 4-years Bachelor Degree (16 years of education), eligible for direct admission in Ph.D. programs at US Universities
- Age limit: maximum 40 years for regular faculty & researchers of public sector universities/R&D organizations, and 35 years for all others
- Has acquired valid & acceptable GRE & TOEFL scores required for admission in US Universities
- Scholars who have already secured admission or those enrolled in PhD program in top 235 US Universities & 23 University Systems may also apply for scholarship
- Has an active commitment to serve universities/R&D organizations in Pakistan after the completion of studies.
- Academic merit based on HEC-AEF calculator will be applicable
- Have maximum of 2 Second Divisions throughout the academic career
- Have no 3rd Division or grade D in his/her career
- Not less than 50% marks in academic career.
The Scholars can apply online through the link: http://eportal.hec.gov.pk/US-pakcorridor
Dear Readers !
Please if you think this post can be helpful to somebody else, please share it on Twitter, Facebook, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. There are buttons ABOVE for this (easy to use too)!