2020/2021: Oyo State Schools Resumption Date
Oyo State Public, Private, Primary and Secondary Schools First (1st), Second [2nd], Third (3rd) Term 2020/2021 Academic Session resumption Date [UPDATED] as follows.
Update: “Gov Seyi Makinde of Oyo State has directed that public and private schools in Ibadan should be shut down.
Makinde gave the directive on Tuesday evening, in his statewide broadcast aired on the state-owned radio and television stations, over the ongoing #EndSARS protests in the state.
I have directed that all schools in Ibadan should be closed from Wednesday, Oct. 21, for the rest of this week.”
The Oyo State Government has cancelled the resumption date for 3rd Term academic activities for both Public and Private Primary and Secondary Schools.
According to the Oyo State Approved calendar, Third Term 2019/2020 session has been cancelled and promotion of students, for all affected classes, will now be determined by First and Second Term Continuous Assessment.
Pry 6, JSS 3 and SSS 3 will proceed on holiday from 29th of July and resume for their Examination as follows;
Oyo State Schools Resumption Date for Final Year Students Examination (Pry 6, JSS 3 and SSS 3) 2019/2020
- Basic Education Certificate Examination (BECE) - 10th to 18th August 2020
- Competitive Entrance Examination into the Schools of Science - 1st September, 2020
- Placement/Screening Test to JSS1 - 22nd August, 2020
- Placement Test into Technical Colleges - 28th August 2020
- SSS 3 will resume for their WAEC Examination - Monday 3rd August, 2020.
Update: Governor Seyi Makinde of Oyo State has approved the resumption dates for public and private primary, secondary and tertiary institutions in the state.
Commissioner for Education, Barrister Olasukanmi Olaleye, made the announcement in a statement on Tuesday.
Olaleye in the statement said that schools will now operate morning and afternoon shifting for pupils and students of primary and secondary schools.
He noted that it is mandatory for all Schools, public and private to constitute COVID-19-19 Task Force to be headed by Heads of Schools with two members of staff.
He added that the Governor has also approved the re-opening of the state-owned tertiary institutions and private institutions.
Olaleye added that regular academic activities of tertiary institutions are to commence from Monday 28th September, 2020
“The resumption date for 2020/2021 academic Session for Public / Private Primary and Secondary Schools as announced by the State Ministry of Education, Science and Technology will commence on Monday, 21st September, 2020.
“The revised Guidelines for Primary and Secondary Schools now include the followings:
“Schools will now operates morning and afternoon shifting for pupils and students of primary and secondary schools as stated below:
“Primary 1-3 8.00 am – 11.00 am. Primary 4 – 6 12 noon – 3.00 pm. JSSS 1 -3 8.00 am – 11.00 am. SSS 1- 3 12 noon – 3.00 am.
“It becomes mandatory for all Schools, Public and Private to constitute Covid-19 Task force to be headed by Heads of Schools with Two members of Staff
“School Heads are advised to make temporary use of spaces like Laboratories, Libraries and examination hall as classroom where it is necessary in order to observe social distancing.
“Pupils / Students should be attached to Chairs and Tables as well as discouraging sharing of items.
“In another development, the Governor has also approved the re-opening of State owned Tertiary institutions and Private Institutions for regular academic activities to commence from Monday 28th September, 2020
“Academic boards and senate of institutions are expected to fixed their date and comply strictly with COVID-19 guidelines for the reopenings of schools”.
Oyo State Schools 1st, 2nd & 3rd Term Resumption Date 2020/2021
- Oyo State Schools 2020/2021 1st Term Academic Session will begin on September 21st - 18th December, 2020.
- Oyo State Schools 2020/2021 2nd Term Academic Session will begin on 11th January to 9th April 2021.
- Oyo State Schools 2020/2021 3rd Term Academic Session will begin on 3rd May to 30th July, 2021.
All public and private schools, school leaders and school associations are implored to take note and adhere strictly to the this notice.
NOTE: Full Academic Program should commence on the first day of the term.
Oyo State Schools COVID-19 Prevention Protocols
- Hand washing sports to guarantee regular washing of hands by students, teachers or anyone entering the school.
- Sitting arrangement in classes must be mapped 2 metres away from each other to prevent body contact.
- It is compulsory for all students and teachers to use face masks. Parents are also to use face masks anytime they are coming to drop or pick their children from school.
- Assembly, social gatherings and sport activities are suspended for now.
- Infrared thermometer to test body temperature at the entrance of the school. Anybody with high body temperature should not be allowed into the school.
- No use of air conditioners in classrooms but well ventilated classes.
- Food vendors are not allowed in schools. Pupils/students are to bring their food, snacks etc. from home.
- No going out of the classrooms except when going to the rest room (toilet) which must be under close monitoring by care giver or teacher.
- No hand shakes, hugging, physical contact or collecting of things like books, pen, spoon, cup, food, water etc. from one another.
- Birthday Celebrations/gifts in school is suspended.
- If any child/teacher shows any syptoms of Covid 19/malaria; such should not be allowed to come to school, he or she must stay home to be treated or call Covid 19 NCDC agents.
- Students/pupils and teachers must have a pocket (handy) sanitizer for their personal use anywhere they go apart from the general one provided by the school.
- Decontamination of classes, object surfaces and school environment frequently is compulsory.
- Only one entrance to the school premises will be accessible to everyone for proper monitoring.
- EOC (Emergency Operations Centers) will be going round schools to determine compliance with the Covid 19 Prevention protocols put in place by schools.
These precautionary measures should not only be observed in the school, it should be observed at home and public places to keep our children and us safe from Covid 19:
- Wash your hands with soap and water frequently.
- Use hand sanitizer
- Use face mask
- Keep social distancing
- Report any case of corona virus symptoms.
Please, our compliance is very important.
Dear Readers !
Please if you think this post can be helpful to somebody else, please share it on Twitter, Facebook, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. There are buttons ABOVE for this (easy to use too)!