2020:Heidelberg University PhD In Neurobiology Scholarship
Heidelberg University PhD in Neurobiology Scholarship 2020 is open for International Students students from all nationalities
- International Students
To be taken at (country):
- Heidelberg University
The scholarship allows PhD level programm(s) in the field of Neurobiology taught at Heidelberg University . The deadline of the scholarhip is 24 Jan 2020 .
within the group of Prof. Dr. Daniela Mauceri. Our group investigates the molecular, and cellular mechanisms governing neuronal morphology and functioning. The successful candidate will investigate the mechanisms governingphosphatidylserine intramembranous dynamics and its impact on the integrity, viability and survival of mature neurons in the mouse hippocampus and retina. The project relies on a combination of in vitro and in vivo approaches and multidisciplinary techniques, including, among others, biochemical assays, viral vectors to modulate expression of target genes, time lapse fluorescence microscopy, morphometrics and toxicity models.
Heidelberg University PhD in Neurobiology Scholarship 2020 is available to undertake PhD level programs at Heidelberg University.
Following subject are available to study under this scholarship program.
- molecular, and cellular mechanisms governing neuronal morphology and functioning.
students from all nationalities are eligible to apply.
The position is fully funded for three years and is expected to start during Winter 2020.
- The candidate should be highly motivated, with a strong attitude towards independent work and must hold good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Candidates with prior experience on time lapse fluorescence microscopy, animal handling (i.e. FELASA certificate), neurobiology, and/or molecular biology will have priority.
- Fluency in English and the ability to work in an international environment is mandatory.
- Applications written in English including a cover letter explaining your motivations and previous work, a CV, and two reference letters should be sent to Prof. Dr. Mauceri by e-mail (email@example.com).
- Please send all your documents as a single pdf file.
- Deadline for application is 24th January, 2020.
- Contact Information:
Prof. Dr. Daniela Mauceri Heidelberg University,
Neurobiology Department Im Neuenheimer Feld 366,
1.OG 69120 Heidelberg
24 Jan 2020 .