LASU Tuition & School Fees Schedule: This is to inform the general public that Lagos State University (LASU) Newly Approved Tuition/School Fees Schedule for Fresh (100Level), Special Programme (Stream 2) and Returning Undergraduate Students for 2021/2022 Academic Session. Check for more details !
AfriEdu Team—This is to inform all students of the Lagos State University, LASU that the new school fees schedule for 2021/2022 academic session has been announced.
The new tuition / school fees was approved following Governor Sanwo-Olu’s approval for the reduction of tuition fees for students of the Lagos State University (LASU).
Below are the breakdown of the New LASU Tuition / School Fees for 2021/2022 academic Session.
LASU New Tuition / School Fees Schedule for Fresh & Returning Students 2021/2022
Regular (Without Entrepreneurship Training):
- Fifty-Seven Thousand Fourty Eight Naira (N57,048)
Regular (With Entrepreneurship Training)
- LASU New Special Programme (Regular with Entrepreneurship Training) students are to make the payment of One Hundred and Fifty Thousand (N150,000:00) only as tuition for the 2021/2022 Academic Session.
- Returning Students are expected to pay Twenty-Five Thousand Naira (N25,000:00) only as tuition for the 2021/2022 Academic Session.
Please be Guided!!!
LASU NEW SCHOOL FEES: UNIVERSITY MANAGEMENT`S CLARIFICATION
The attention of Lagos State University Authority has been drawn to a number of issues being raised in respect of the University’s new schedule of fees and wishes to clarify as follows:
1. The new schedule of fees is not for old students/staylites
2. Those who are to pay the new school fees are candidates offered admission for the 2021/2022 and as such are prospective students of Lagos State University;
3. Candidates who are not able to pay have the option of considering other alternatives;
4. All stakeholders- staff and students Unions, and the State Government were duly carried along before the implementation of the new schedule of fees;
It is important that stakeholders are not swayed by emotions in the face of realities that compel the review.
It is worthy of note that LASU remains one of the most affordable universities in Nigeria in spite of the steady and rapid development that had taken place in the last few years, which culminated in her ascension as the second best university in the country, a situation that explains the high patronage of the University in the ongoing admission exercise. These developments come at huge financial costs to the university and the state government.
The increment is therefore inevitable, and should therefore be seen as a necessary step to further consolidate the quality of education being offered by the University.