$60,000 Sony World Photo Awards for Professionals and Young Photographers 2020
The World Photography Organisation is accepting entries for its annual Sony World Photography Awards 2020;
The Sony World Photography Awards 2020 are a global voice for photography and provide a vital insight into contemporary photography today. For both established and emerging artists, the Awards offer world-class opportunities for exposure of their work
Now in its 13th year, the Awards consist of four competitions:
- Professional (for a body of work),
- Open (for a single image),
- Student (for academic institutions) and
- Youth (for 12-19 year-olds).
All images are judged by industry experts from across the world, who come together each year in London to reward standout works.
With the power to kickstart and shape careers, the Awards provide those working in photography a global stage to showcase their work. Previous winning and shortlisted photographers have gone on to be represented by renowned galleries and institutions worldwide, as well as their work being featured in major international publications.
In addition, the Awards recognize the world’s most influential artists working in the medium through the Outstanding Contribution to Photography award; previous recipients include Mary Ellen Mark, Elliott Erwitt, Martin Parr, William Eggleston, Candida Höfer and, most recently, Nadav Kander.
The Sony World Photography Awards has four competitions:
- Professional – Recognizing outstanding bodies of work
- Open – Rewarding exceptional standalone images
- Youth – Celebrating the best single images by emerging photographers aged between 12-19 years-old
- Student – Providing a platform for photography students worldwide
- Always free to enter, there is a competition and a category for everyone – from Architecture, Documentary, Landscape, Portraiture, Sport, Street Photography, Wildlife, Travel, Culture and more.
Worth of Award
The Sony World Photography Awards 2020 offers a total prize fund of $60,000 (USD) plus the latest Sony digital imaging equipment is shared between the winning photographers.
Successful photographers can receive:
- Inclusion in global and country-specific media and marketing campaigns
- Exhibition at Somerset House, London
- Potential to be included in international exhibitions
- Inclusion in the Sony World Photography Awards book
- Opportunity to apply for the Sony Grant to further personal photographic projects
The World Photography Organisation has a thriving online presence and creates dedicated campaigns to give an unprecedented worldwide exposure to the Awards’ successful photographers across its social media platforms, mailers and website.
- Professional competition: January 14, 2021, at 13.00 GMT
- Open Competition: January 7, 2021, at 13.00 GMT
- Youth competition: (December 31, 2020 13:00 GMT).
- Student Competition: November 30, 2020
Dear Readers !
Please if you think this post can be helpful to somebody else, please share it on Twitter, Facebook, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. There are buttons ABOVE for this (easy to use too)!