American Association on Health and Disability(AAHD) Scholarships in US, 2019-20
American Association on Health and Disability(AAHD) Scholarships in US, 2019-20 is open for US Nationals Only
Deadline: November 15, 2019
: American Association on Health and Disability
: US Nationals Only
: Bachelor, Masters
: Disability and Health
: Partial Funding / Limited support
American Association on Health and Disability(AAHD) Scholarships in US, 2019-20 is open for US Nationals Only. The scholarship allows Bachelor, Masters level programm(s) in the field of Disability and Health taught at American Association on Health and Disability . The deadline of the scholarhip is November 15, 2019
Degree Level: Bachelors, Masters
Available Subject: Disability and Health
Scholarship Benefits: Partial Funding, $1,000
Eligible Nationalities: Open to US citizens/nationals
- Applicant must be enrolled as a full time undergraduate student and must have completed one full year of college or more. In other words, the applicant must have sophomore or greater status in a program at a college or university pursuing an undergraduate degree as of fall 2019; or enrolled part time or full time in a graduate school, pursuing a post graduate degree as of fall 2019.
- Important: applicants who have not yet graduated from high school willnot be considered. High school students entering college, for the first time, in the fall of 2019 are NOT eligible to apply. The only exception would be for high school students who have achieved sophomore status via high school AP course credits.
- Applicant must have a disability as defined by the American with Disabilities Act, and must provide documentation to verify this.
- Preference will be given to students majoring in public health, disability studies, health promotion or a field related to disability and health.
- Preference will be given to students with a history of community service and/or volunteer activities.
- Applicant must be a US citizen or legal resident living in the United States and enrolled in an accredited United States university.
Applicant must provide a Personal Statement (maximum 2 pages, double spaced), including brief personal history, educational/career goals, extra-curricular activities, and reasons why they should be selected by the AAHD Scholarship Committee. This statement must be written solely by the applicant.
- Applicant must provide two (2) Letters of Recommendation (One must be from a faculty member or academic advisor). Letters may be sent by U. S. mail or by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) with attachment and should include the signature of the teacher or advisor, and the name of student should appear in the subject line of the email. Or the letters of recommendation may be uploaded on the application website (see below).
- Applicant must provide an official or unofficial copy of the most recent college transcript, which should be mailed to AAHD in a sealed envelope or uploaded on the application website (see below).
- Applicant must have a documented disability and provide documentation of their disability from a specialist (physician, educator, et. al).
- Applicant must agree to allow AAHD to use his/her name, photo and/or story in future scholarship materials.
APPLICATION WEBSITE: AAHD Scholarship 2019-20