Global Scholars Award At University Of Oregon, USA
The Division of Global Engagement is especially interested
- Partial Funding
- University of Oregon
- Undergraduate, Postgraduate
- All Subjects
- International Students
In receiving applications from students who will contribute to the academic excellence and global
diversity of our campus, and whose work exemplifies a passion for addressing the collective
challenges facing our world in an era of contentious globalization.
Global Scholars Award at University of Oregon, USA is available to undertake Undergraduate, Postgraduate level programs at University of Oregon.
Following subject are available to study under this scholarship program.
- All Subjects
The Global Corners award provides financial support up to, but not exceeding, US $45,000 ($15,000 per quarter; no award funds are distributed during the summer term). The exact award amount may depend on whether the student receives other forms of financial assistance – including scholarships, on-campus employment, stipends, etc. – to support their education at the University of Oregon. The award may be used to support required tuition and fees and/or nonqualified expenses such as room and board. (Note that any amount applied to non-qualified expenses may be considered a taxable contribution.) The award is renewable beyond the first award year, up to a maximum of 12 quarters for undergraduate students and 8 quarters for graduate students. The award may be prior to reaching the maximum award renewal level if any of the following circumstances apply: the student completes the UO academic program for which the student was granted the Global Corners award; the student receives other scholarships or grants rendering the Global Corners award unnecessary; the student departs the University of Oregon temporarily or permanently, or otherwise fails to meet award maintenance criteria and requirements.
For the 2020-2021 academic year, the Division of Global Engagement is accepting applications from new or continuing international students either admitted to or continuing in a University of Oregon academic program starting with the Fall 2020 term. Continuing University of Oregon students must be in good academic standing and hold valid F-1 or J-1 immigration status. Both undergraduate and graduate international students may apply.
Interested students should submit an application packet to International Student and Scholar Services no later than the application deadline of March 1, 2020. The student applicant is responsible for preparing all required documents and sending them by the deadline to the Division of Global Engagement by mail or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org:
1. Global Corners Application Information Sheet The student applicant must complete an application information sheet that provides personal and contact information as well as information regarding the student’s anticipated financial resources and needs for the award year.
2. Student’s Application StatementThe application statement should be typed or printed by the student and be no more than 500 words in length. In the statement, the student should describe the following points:
3. Transcripts from the University of Oregon or Most Recent Academic Institution Transcripts should detail recent academic performance, whether completed at the University of Oregon (for continuing students) or most recent institution of attendance (for new/incoming students). Unofficial transcripts are acceptable.
4. Two Letters of RecommendationThe student should arrange to have a minimum of two letters of recommendation that provide a high level of support to the student’s application for a Global Corners scholarship. The letters may be from current or past faculty or academic advisors, instructors, counselors, supervisors, or any other person capable of attesting to the student’s potential for or record of academic excellence, commitment to cultural diversity and exchange, and service to their communities. Letters should be no more than 500 words long and provide detailed insight into the student applicant, and the potential or actual benefits to internationalization and global diversity that the student would bring to the University of Oregon community.
5. Optional: Supplementary Information Students may submit supplementary information such as a resume / CV, copies of admissions applications, copies of awards / honors given, or other materials that may help to inform the Global Corners scholarship committee’s decision-making process. All application materials must be received by 5pm Pacific Time on March1, 2020. Submissions by mail, fax, or e-mail (to email@example.com) are acceptable.
Dear Readers !
Please if you think this post can be helpful to somebody else, please share it on Twitter, Facebook, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. There are buttons ABOVE for this (easy to use too)!