Science@Leuven Scholarship At K.U.Leuven University Belgium
Science@Leuven Scholarship at K.U.Leuven University Belgium is open for International Students . See registration deadline, Application Method and Eligibility criteria;
- 15 Feb 2021
- International Students
To be taken at (country):
- KU Leuven
The scholarship allows Masters level programm(s) in the field of Physics, Chemistry, Geography, Statistics taught at KU Leuven . The deadline of the scholarship is 15 Feb 2021.
Motivated and talented international students interested in participating in an international master programme of the Faculty of Science of the Katholieke Universiteit Leuven in Belgium Leuven are invited to apply for a scholarship.
Science@Leuven Scholarship at K.U.Leuven University Belgium is available to undertake Masters level programs at KU Leuven.
For the following masters you can apply for the Scholarship :
- Master of Chemistry
- Master of Geography
- Interuniversity Master of Geology (only students applying for the specialization Geodynamics and Georesources or Surface processes and Paleoenvironments can apply for the scholarship. Students applying for the other specializations (enrollment at Ghent University) will not be considered for the scholarship.)
- Master of Physics
- Master of Statistics
Students applying for the QASS-programme of the Master of Statistics are excluded from the Science@Leuven Scholarship since this program requires a master's diploma.
Do not apply for the Scholarship if you are interested in another Master's Programme. Your application will not be considered.
The scholarship is open for international students.
The amount of the scholarship can be up to 10.000 Euro for 1 year. The Board of the Science@Leuven Fund will decide exactly how much a scholarship will be. The scholarship will always cover the tuition fee for 1 year, the insurance, and basic health insurance coverage.
The amount awarded for living expenses can vary. If a student is awarded the full scholarship of 10.000 Euro, it is still advisable to bring some extra money. You can find an overview of the costs to be expected here.
Most master programs of the Faculty of Science are two-year programs. The scholarship for the second master year will only be continued on the condition that the student had outstanding results in the first master year.
Applicants must meet and prove the following requirements:
- the applicants have not studied or worked at the University of Leuven before,
- the applicants have a bachelor degree from a foreign university that gives them access to the master programme they are applying for,
- the applicants have not yet acquired a master degree or a PhD,
- the applicants can prove having had excellent study results during their former training,
- the applicants can prove very strong knowledge of English ( TOEFL (minimum score 94 internet-based with at least 19 for reading, 18 for Listening, 19 for speaking and 21 for writing) or IELTS (minimum score 7 overall, whilst at least 6,5 for reading, 6 for listening, 6 for speaking and 6 for writing),
- the applicants show strong motivation to follow a master programme at the Faculty of Science of the K.U.Leuven
- the applicants are willing to act as an ambassador for the programme.
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY IF YOU DO NOT MEET ALL THE REQUIREMENTS
- Apply for the master's program of your choice through the application tool of the KU Leuven. Please read the application instructions carefully.
- upload the following information via the KU Leuven application tool:
- a complete list of course titles for which you have obtained a credit. Indicate the course size (in ECTS-credits) and the result you obtained, preferably according to the ECTS-scale; if a different scale is used, please provide a summary explanation on the meaning of the scores;
- provide a short (about one half to one page) description for the courses from your previous/current program that you deem most relevant as a preparation for the master program that you are considering. Describe the courses according to the standard guidelines for an ECTS-study guide (example).
- two reference letters of internationally renowned professors;
- a letter of motivation for the program.
- When you have completed and submitted your application for the master's program, you will get a message on the screen that you succesfully submitted the application.
- IMPORTANT! Take a screen shot of this message. You will have to upload the screenshot when you register for the Science@Leuven Scholarship.
- Apply for the Science@Leuven Scholarship via this link.
- your registration is complete after you have received an email stating that you have been registered for the Science@Leuven Scholarship.
- Only students who have complied with all the above requirements will be considered for the Scholarship!
- You can apply for the scholarship immediately after you have applied for a certain program, you do not need to wait until you are accepted by the master's program. However, your application for the scholarship will not be considered when it is clear that you will not be accepted for the master's program.
- Students who have applied for STeDe do not have to apply through the KU Leuven application tool. They just apply for the scholarship and upload the confirmation email from the STeDe secretariat. As Guest Id they note: STeDe.
Dear Readers !
Please if you think this post can be helpful to somebody else, please share it on Twitter, Facebook, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. There are buttons ABOVE for this (easy to use too)!