Swedish Institute Scholarships 2020 Global Professionals Update
Applications are currently invited from candidates with demonstrated leadership experience for Swedish Institute Scholarships for Global Professionals (SISGP) programme 2020/202
Do you have ambition, leadership experience and a strong professional background? You could study for a master’s degree in Sweden on a fully-funded Swedish Institute scholarship. Apply for the Swedish Institute Scholarships for Global Professionals 2020.
The Swedish Institute Scholarships for Global Professionals (SISGP) programme is part of the Swedish government’s international awards scheme aimed at developing global leaders who will contribute to the United Nations 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.
It is funded by the Ministry for Foreign Affairs of Sweden and administered by the Swedish Institute (SI). The programme offers a unique opportunity for global professionals to develop professionally and academically, to experience Swedish society and culture, and to build a long-lasting relationship with Sweden and with each other.
The goal is to enable the scholarship holders to play an active role in the positive development of the societies in which they live.
Ideal candidates are ambitious young professionals with academic qualifications, demonstrated work and leadership experience, ambition to make a difference by working with issues which contribute to a just and sustainable development in their country in a long term perspective, and a clear idea of how a study programme in Sweden would benefit their country.
SISGP Scholarship Benefit
The scholarship covers:
- Tuition fees: pay directly to the Swedish university by SI
- Living expenses of SEK 10,000/month
- Travel grant of SEK 15,000
- Insurance against illness and accident
- Membership of the SI Network for Future Global Leaders (NFGL) – a platform to help you grow professionally and build your
- network while in Sweden
- Membership of the SI Alumni Network after your scholarship period – a platform for continued networking and further professional development
The travel grant is a one-time payment for the entire study period. The grant is not applicable to students already living in Sweden.
SISGP Programme Eligibility
- You must have minimum of 3,000 hours of demonstrated employment
- You must have demonstrated leadership experience from your current or previous employment
- You must be a citizen of a country that is eligible for the scholarship programme
- The master’s studies must be eligible for SI scholarships
- You must be liable to pay tuition fees to Swedish universities, have followed the steps of university admission, and be admitted to one of the eligible master’s programmes by 3 April 2020.
- Apply for a master’s programme at university admissions: 16 OCT 2019 – 15 JAN 2020
- Apply for an SISGP scholarship 10 FEB 2020 – 20 FEB 2020
- Notifications from University Admissions 3 APR 2020
- Announcement of 300 successful SI scholarship recipients 24 APR 2020
Apply for a master’s programme at universityadmissions.se
- Only master’s programmes that are on the list of master’s programmes are eligible for SISGP. The list will be published here by 6 November 2019.
- To begin with, apply for up to four eligible master’s programmes at universityadmissions.se by 15 January 2020.
- University Admissions is the national online application service which handles admissions to universities in Sweden. It is an independent agency not related to the Swedish Institute (SI). The eligibility and application procedure for SI scholarships and for university admissions are different.
- Once you have submitted your application to the master’s programme(s) at universityadmissions.se, you will get a personal application number consisting of eight digits. Save the number as you will need it when applying to SISGP. Make sure that you type the correct number in the online application form, or otherwise your application will be disqualified.
- 3 February 2020 is deadline for receipt of application fee and supporting documents that are required by University Admissions. The application fee is non-refundable.
- If you missed the deadlines or failed to follow the application procedure at University Admissions, you will not be eligible for an SI scholarship.
Apply for SISGP Programme
- After you have completed your application to a master’s programme you can apply for an SI scholarship. See more information about required documents and forms above.
- During the application period 10-20 February 2020, submit the required documents digitally through our online application portal.
- The online application portal is open from 00:00 CET 10 February 2020 to 23:59 CET 20 February 2020. Access to the online application portal will be available on this page below during the application period.
Due to the high volume of applications, the online application portal may be under heavy pressure at the end of the application period. We strongly urge all applicants not to wait until the last days to apply.
For more information, visit SISGP.
February 20th 2020
Dear Readers !
Please if you think this post can be helpful to somebody else, please share it on Twitter, Facebook, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. There are buttons ABOVE for this (easy to use too)!