The Lakshmipat Singhania Education Foundation (LSEF)-UMass Scholarship (For Indian Students Only)
The Lakshmipat Singhania Education Foundation (LSEF)-UMass Scholarship is for driven, passionate and meritorious students who will not only be the best representatives from India but also set their benchmark at the University of Massachusetts Amherst
- Indian Students only.
To be taken at (country):
- USA, India
- JK Lakshmipat University, University of Massachusetts Amherst
The scholarship was launched in 2019 and is awarded to select Indian students for postgraduate programs from UMass Amherst.
It focusses on programs that will provide significant global impact opportunities in combating challenges and meeting dire needs of the changing world. It is amongst the few in India, being offered as a grant and not a loan. Scholarships up to 50% of academic tuition worth Rs 20,00,000 each are awarded to chosen candidates. In 2019, scholarships granted were worth Rs 1.2 Crores.
Students in this program undertake two years of post-graduate studies, with the first year at host institution in India- JK Lakshmipat University, Jaipur and the second year at University of Massachusetts Amherst, leading to dual degrees as well as up to 3 years of OPT (employment authorisation) in the United States after successful completion of the program.
- MS. in Data Analytics and Computational Social Science
- MS. in Resource Economics
- Master of Public Policy
Indian students only.
The awards are curated for two years post-graduate studies under world-class faculty, with the first year at a host institution in India- JK Lakshmipat University, Jaipur and the second year at UMass Amherst.
- The MS programs proposal for up to 3 years and MPP up to 1 year OPT (employment authorization) in the USA.
- The program grants more than 15 financial aid positions will be granted up to Rs 20,00,000 amounting to 50% of academic tuition to study at UMass, USA.
- Applicants must meet all the following criteria to be eligible:
- Applicants need to be Indian citizens.
- Candidates who have completed or will complete before July 2020 a minimum of three years of undergraduate (bachelor) degree in any discipline from an accredited institution or University in India are eligible to apply.
- Applicants should have studied Mathematics as a subject up to a minimum of 12th grade or equivalent.
- Applicants should have secured a minimum of 75% marks in their Undergraduate degree, 12th and 10th grades (or equivalent).