WAEC GCE Registration Frequently Asked Questions and Answers 2020
WAEC GCE Registration FAQs – We are pleased to inform you that the West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE) for private candidate 2020 second series registration has commenced
However, the examination will be urban-based. And will be conducted at a period to be announced in due course. Also, thirty-Six subjects will be available for the examination.
In this article you shall get vital information about this. Also, we shall be addressing some of the frequently asked questions regarding WAEC GCE
WAEC GCE Registration 2020 Subjects Selection
English Language and Mathematics have been automatically selected for you. This is because they are compulsory. However, you are required to select the other subjects you wish to register for in this examination.
Please note that a minimum of Seven (7) and a maximum of Nine (9) subjects are allowed (English Language and Mathematics inclusive). Also, registration for the WAEC GCE will be online.
Thus, after obtaining the registration PIN, candidates should log on to www.waecnigeria.orgfor registration. Candidates should also note that the registration procedure has been designed to accommodate biometric features that will be used for validation at the examination centers.
How to Apply for the WAEC GCE
Candidates expected to pay a registration fee of Thirteen Thousand, Nine Hundred and Fifty Naira only (N13,950). And this should be in the bank or any accredited agent. The banks involved are:
- Access Bank Plc.
- Also, First Bank of Nig. Ltd.
- Furthermore, Sterling Bank Plc.
- Also, Zenith Bank Plc.
- Additionally, Access (Diamond).
- Furthermore, First City Monument Bank Plc.
- Also, Skye Bank Plc.
- Union Bank of Nigeria Plc.
- Also, Eco Bank Ltd.
- Furthermore, Guaranty Trust Bank Plc.
- Also, Stanbic IBTC Bank Plc.
- Additionally, United Bank for Africa Plc.
- Fidelity Bank Plc.
- Furthermore, Heritage Bank Plc.
- Also, Standard Chartered Bank Plc.
- Additionally, Unity Bank Plc.
- Also, WEMA Bank Plc.
- Furthermore, Polaris bank.
- Additionally, Jaiz Bank.
Additionally, obtain the registration PIN and the information VCD. Also, candidates will be required to pay Five Hundred Naira (N500.00) commission to the banks/accredited agents.
WAEC GCE Registration 2020 General Information
- Candidates should view the information VCD before they register for the examination.
- Also, candidates should note that registration fee is not refundable.
- Additionally, candidates should print the examination timetable at the completion of their registration.
- Also, entries must be uploaded with good quality passport size photographs. And the background of such photographs must not be blue or red. Also, the size should be 275 by 314 pixels. Entries with unacceptable passport photographs will be rejected.
- Also, candidates should study the Regulations and Syllabuses as well as the Timetable for the examination.
- Furthermore, candidates must go to examination halls in mufti and without arms. No professional uniform of any kind will be allowed in the examination halls.
- Also, the entire results of candidates who sit the examination in more than one center will be cancelled.
- Smoking is not allowed in the examination hall.
- Any candidate that comes into the examination hall with mobile phone(s) and /or electronic gadget(s) will have his or her entire results cancelled.
- Also, candidates must ensure that their entries are correctly completed before uploading as the Council will not be held responsible for errors in candidates’ particulars. Request for correction will not be entertained as soon as the examination commences.
- Also, candidates must come into the examination hall with their original Photo Cards.
- However, candidates who engage in examination malpractice will not only have their results cancelled, but may be prosecuted.
- Also, candidates must ensure they provide valid email address and telephone number (s) during registration.
- All candidates must be prepared to observe all COVID-19 Regulations.
- WAEC GCE Approved Subjects.
WAEC GCE Registration 2020 Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is WAEC?
WAEC is the acronym for West African Examination Council.
2. As a WAEC Candidate am I Supposed to Pay for WAEC Calculator?
No. It is free.
3. Can I Change My Date of Birth after WAEC Registration?
Yes you can. But you are advised to do that before the results are released.
4. How Can I Get My WAEC Original Result?
For SSCE candidates, you will get the original result from the school you wrote the exam.
However, for GCE candidates, you will get the original result from WAEC Branch office in your state.
5. How Much is WEAE Registration?
The registration fee for both the School & Private Candidates’ Examination is the same: 13,950 Naira.
6. Can I Change My Passport after WAEC Registration?
Yes you can. This can be done in WAEC office in your state.
More Frequently Asked Questions and Answers
7. Can I Change my LGA and/or State of Origin after WAEC Registration?
Yes you can change it. This can also be done the board’s office in your state.
8. Where is WAEC Office Located?
WAEC headquarters is located in Accra. In Nigeria, WAEC international office is located in Plot 6, Lateef Jakande Road, Agidingbi, Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria.
9. When will WAEC Result Come out?
The West African Examination Council has stated that WAEC results will be released 60 days after the exam.
Immediately the results are out, candidates can go online to check their results.
10. How Can I Collect my Original WAEC Certificate?
You can collect your WAEC original result 2 years after the exam was written. Candidates can get the original result at a WAEC zonal or state office.
11. Can I Combine WAEC and NECO Result for Admission?
Yes. WAEC and NECO results can be combined together for admission into any Nigeria Tertiary Institutions that accepts two sittings.
With the above information, I guess some of your questions about WAEC GCE must have been answered.
Thus, feel free to share this with your friends out there.
Dear Readers !
Please if you think this post can be helpful to somebody else, please share it on Twitter, Facebook, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. There are buttons ABOVE for this (easy to use too)!