Wellcome Trust International Masters Fellowships in UK, 2020
The Wellcome Trust in the UK invites applications for the International Master’s Fellowships in 2020 open to Nationals of a low- or middle-income country
This scheme offers nationals of low- and middle-income countries the opportunity to receive training at Master’s degree level.
Before 4 June 2018, this scheme was called Master’s Fellowships in Public Health and Tropical Medicine.
You can apply for an International Master’s Fellowship if:
- you’re a national of a low- or middle-income country
- your proposed research focuses on a health priority in a low- or middle-income country
- you have sponsorship from an eligible host organisation in a low- or middle-income country.
- hold a clinical or non-clinical undergraduate degree in a relevant subject
- be at an early stage in your career with limited research experience (but you must have demonstrated interest in, or aptitude for, research).
Worth of Award
- An International Master’s Fellowship is for 30 months unless you want to hold it on a part-time basis.
- The first 12 months should be dedicated to doing a taught Master of Science (MSc) course at a recognised centre of excellence anywhere in the world.
- The following 18 months is for your research project at an eligible organisation in a low- or middle-income country.
- An award of £120,000 provides support for:
- The support includes:
- travel costs (eg outward and return airfares)
- approved tuition fees, according to the rate charged by the training organisation.
How to Apply
You must submit your application through Grant Tracker(opens in a new tab).
- Submit it to the ‘authorised organisational approver’ at your host organisation for approval. Make sure you leave enough time for the approver to review and submit your application before the deadline. The approver may ask you to make changes to your application.
- View the Sample full application form for International Master’s Fellowships [PDF 289KB]
- Host organisation reviews your application and submits it to them
- Your application must be submitted by 17:00 (GMT/BST) on the deadline day.
- They may take up to four months to consider your full application. They will let you know if you are not eligible.
- Scientific review
- The International Interview Committee will review your application and make the final decision. There are no interviews for these fellowships. If successful, you must take up the fellowship within one year of the award.
Deadline: applications close September 1, 2020, 17:00 BST
Dear Readers !
Please if you think this post can be helpful to somebody else, please share it on Twitter, Facebook, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. There are buttons ABOVE for this (easy to use too)!