Yousriya Loza-Sawiris Masters Scholarship at University of Minnesota in USA 2020
The Sawiris Foundation for Social Development invites applications for the Yousriya Loza-Sawiris Scholarship Programme at the University of Minnesota, the USA in 2020
The Yousriya Loza-Sawiris Scholarship Program is a fully-funded, full-time program for students seeking to earn a Master’s Degree in Development Practice (MDP) from the Hubert H. Humphrey School of Public Affairs, University of Minnesota, USA. The Master of Development Practice is a two-year degree providing graduate-level students with the skills and knowledge required to better identify and address the global challenges of sustainable development, such as poverty, population, health, conservation, climate change, and human rights
The YLSS started in the academic year 2016-2017 and has to date offered 7 scholarships.
Worth of Award
The scholarship covers university fees, health insurance, educational materials, living allowance and travel expenses.
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a well-reputed academic institution in a related field of study
- Satisfy the entry requirements into the academic MDP program
- Demonstrate an excellent professional and academic track record
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills (extracurricular activities/community work/entrepreneurial initiative)
- Completion of a 50-credit academic master’s program in 2 academic years
- Completion of an 8-10 week mid-program summer field experience
- Employment in the development sector in Egypt following graduation for no less than 2 consecutive years
- Egyptian national
- Demonstrate an inability to finance studies from own resources
- While no specific experience or academic track is required, students with a strong liberal arts education background and sound quantitative and analytical skills will be best prepared for academic success at the Humphrey School of Public Affairs
- Previous coursework in mathematics, statistics, and economics is recommended
- English language proficiency is required. Valid TOEFL or IELTS exam scores with a minimum of 600 (paper-based), 250 (computer-based), 100 (internet-based, minimum 22 on each section), or 7 for the IELTS
- MDP accepted Graduate Record Examination score (GRE). No specific score is required, however, Fall 2015 admitted students tested within average GRE Verbal Percentile: 68th and average GRE Quantitative Reasoning Percentile: 54th
How to Apply
- Interested candidates must submit two separate applications to the Sawiris Foundation and to the Humphrey School by their respective deadlines:
- Scholarship application to be submitted to Newton Education Services, on behalf of SFSD.
- Academic application to be submitted to the Humphrey School.
- * The school code for the University of Minnesota is RA 6874.
Deadline: Thursday, October 15, 2020, Cairo time
Dear Readers !
Please if you think this post can be helpful to somebody else, please share it on Twitter, Facebook, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. There are buttons ABOVE for this (easy to use too)!